Banquet Steward & Dishwasher
Title: Banquet Steward & Dishwasher
Reports To: Am/Pm Stewarding Supervisors
The Stewards play a key role in the success of the food and beverage operation and the overall efficiency of our resort. The Steward is in constant motion; filling requisitions’, transporting food items, washing dishes, cleaning, maintaining pots and pans, and removing recyclable material and trash. The Steward has the opportunity to interact with many different departments and positions within the operation. Ideal individual should possess excellent communication skills and an eagerness to work positively in a team environment.
Come join an independently owned and operated Resort in Scottsdale/Paradise Valley and be part of a growing team.
- Clean, transport and store all pots and pans used in the food and beverage operations and maintain the pots and pans room in a clean and orderly manner. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AVERAGE % OF TIME 50 % Clean and sanitize all china, glassware, silverware, flatware, pots and pans in the hotel. 25 % Ensure restaurant and banquet kitchens have the requisite amounts of the above to properly open their shifts and that there are sufficient Queen Mary's and racks in which to place dirty dishes, silver, pots, and pans. 25 % Responsible for the proper sanitation and cleanliness
- Other: Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- With the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
Minimum Job Requirements:
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, Must be able to speak and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of Banquet s Steward
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position's activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary
The Scottsdale Plaza Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time