Title: JD’s Bartender
Reports To: JD’s Manager/Supervisor
Department: JD’s Sports Bar & Lounge (F/B)
Classification: Bartender FT
Position Summary: The purpose of this position is to interact with the hotel guests and ensure they have a great experience at the bar or lounge.
- Bartenders will be responsible to prepare and serve drinks to customers
- Must be able to mix and match ingredients in order to create classic and innovative drinks in accordance with customers’ needs and expectations
- Bartenders should maintain positive guest interactions while accurately mixing and serving beverages to guests and servers in a friendly and efficient manner
- Keep the bar counter and work area neat and clean at all times
- Must have a working knowledge of Point of Sale Systems and be able to track cash and drop cash at the end of each shift
- Bartenders must possess a Title 4 Liquor Knowledge Certification
- Full completion of shift side-work is expected
- Must be self-motivated and willing to assist wherever needed.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Physical requirements include the ability to work long hours, Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, ability to multi task.
- Possess the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body and arms, work under variable temperatures and noise levels
- Ability to stand for long periods of time without sitting or leaning
- Must possess excellent communication skills; fluency in English required
- Food Handlers Card Required.
- These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations
- While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to sit continuously to perform essential job functions throughout the entire shift
- May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods, throughout the day
- Requires interacting with others, interpreting spoken messages, constant keyboarding, sitting, hearing and talking are required
- The employee will occasionally stand and walk, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, being mobile on even surfaces, squeezing and crouching are also required
- Requires infrequent lifting and carrying of 1-25 pounds
- Requires willingness to work in various elements of weather including but not limited to, severe heat and rain.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position's activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
The Scottsdale Plaza Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time