Reports To: Bell Desk Supervisor / Bell Captain
Department: Bell Desk
Classification: Full Time - Hourly
The bellman’s primary responsibility is to welcome all guests to the resort as well as bidding them farewell. The bellman escorts guests to and from their rooms, orienting them with the features of the property and the surrounding area, assisting the guest in any way to make them feel more comfortable during their stay.
- Greet all guests in the lobby in a warm and professional manner, make them feel welcome and anticipate their needs before they arise
- Recognize all returning and VIP guests, and welcome them back. Escort all guests checking in to their accommodations following hotel procedure. Inform them about all hotel and guest room features, hotel facilities and emergency procedures.
- Acknowledge guests by name whenever possible
- Make deliveries to guest rooms as instructed
- Store and retrieve luggage and other items for guests
- Be aware of daily hotel activities, group and VIP arrivals
- Work with Plaza Shuttle drivers and ensure smooth airport pick-ups and drop-offs
- Ensure the lobby, bell closet and work areas as well as departmental equipment are clean and presentable at all times. Communicate needs to the Bell Desk Supervisor or Bell Captain
- Offer assistance to all guests and provide them with information requested and directions
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma, general education degree or equivalent required
- Must have great people skills and personal strength
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal essential
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
- Must have a clean driving record for the prior three (3) years
- Ability to work all shifts, including weekends, evenings, and holidays
These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to stand continuously to perform essential job functions throughout the entire shift. May require walking primarily on a level surface for the majority of each shift. Requires interacting with others, interpreting spoken messages, constant keyboarding, standing, hearing and talking. The employee will stand and walk daily, and frequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, being mobile on even surfaces, squeezing and crouching are also required. Requires frequent lifting and carrying of 1-50 pounds.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position's activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
The Scottsdale Plaza Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Skills / Requirements
Local candidates only , please.
Candidate must be available to work until midnight
Time availability: anywhere from 7am – 9pm, having a flexible schedule is necessary
Knowledge of surrounding area
Must be able to work weekends
Job Status: Full Time