Reports To: Sous Chef
Department: Culinary Team
Classification: Non Exempt
Come join an independently owned and operated Resort located in Scottsdale/Paradise Valley and be a part of an exciting and expanding culinary team. The Outlets Kitchen Cook will be responsible for cooking a variety of menu items to guest specifications serving five different F&B outlets. The position will learn how to create and execute new seasonal menus, new cooking techniques and be involved in the creative menu writing process. We are looking for punctual professionals with a passion for exceeding guest’s expectations.
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- Meets or exceeds industry standards for the preparation, serving and storing of food.
- Executes prep and line items to precise standard recipes and plate presentations.
- Execute Line prep for the day based on business volume levels.
- Inspect kitchen equipment and reports any issues to sous chef/executive chef.
- Ensure kitchen area is clean and sanitary
- Ability to effectively communicate with all team members back and front of house.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must have knowledge of Maricopa County food handling and safety sanitation standards and have a food handlers card.
- Willingness and open to learning and growing.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Maintains high standards for work cleanliness and appearance.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands the honesty and ethics are essential.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Shows up for scheduled shift on time.
- Available afternoons and evenings including weekends.
These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to stand continuously to perform essential job functions throughout the entire shift. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods, throughout the day. Requires interacting with others, hearing and talking are required. The employee will stand and walk, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, being mobile on even surfaces, squeezing and crouching are also required. Requires infrequent lifting and carrying of 1-50 pounds. This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position's activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
The Scottsdale Plaza Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time