Food & Beverage Manager
Title: Food & Beverage Manager
Reports To: Director of Outlets
Department: Food & Beverage
Classification: Full Time
Position Summary: Come join an independently owned and operated Resort in Scottsdale/Paradise Valley and be part of a growing food and beverage team. The Food & Beverage manager is responsible for supervision of five F&B outlets including JD’s Sports Lounge, Garden Court Restaurant, Café Cabana, Room Service and The Market. We just completed significant enhancements to our Outlet venues with improvements to outdoor space, more amenities for guests and improved menu offerings. The Food & Beverage Manager’s primary responsibility is providing exceptional guest service, guiding and directing staff, continuing development of our staff and creating ideas to improve the guest experience and ensuring Resort standards are met in all of our F&B Outlets.
- Assist the Director of Outlets with staffing including hiring, employee development, communication to staff and other departments and supervision of the Outlets
- Manage the floor during meal periods to ensure guest satisfaction and Resort standards are met
- Ensure policies and procedures are adhered to and enforced
- Resolving guest issues
- Evaluate operations and provide timely feedback to Director for areas of improvements or ideas to improve guest experience and operations
- Conduct pre-shift meetings daily ensuring timely communication
- Monthly inventory
- Manage Outlet closing including checklists, shift resets for staff and communication for the next shift
- Learn the POS and inventory software system
- Maintain an inviting atmosphere for guests by controlling overall venue presentation for guests
- Supervise multiple F&B Outlets based on business demands
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Physical requirements include the ability to work long hours and walk long distances indoors and outdoors.
- Possess the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body and arms, work under variable temperatures and noise levels
- Ability to stand for long periods of time without sitting or leaning
- Must possess excellent communication skills; fluency in English required orally & in writing
- Food Handlers Card and Liquor Certification Required.
- Must have proficient knowledge of Outlook and computer systems
- These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations
- Requires lifting and carrying of up to 50 pounds.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position's activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
The Scottsdale Plaza Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time