Front Desk Supervisor
Title: Front Desk Supervisor
Reports To: Asst Front Office Manager/Front Office Manager
Department: Front Desk
Position Summary: The Front Desk Supervisor primarily supervises front desk team members to ensure efficient and smooth operations for producing excellent feedback and guest satisfaction. Supervisors perform or delegate various tasks that are essential to daily operations at the front desk.
- Responsible for checking in and out guests efficiently, ensuring posting accuracy to guest accounts and communicating the hotel’s services to the guest.
- Provide information about the hotel as an acting concierge and the functions that are being held on property.
- Initial liaison between the hotel and guest.
- Excellent communication with other departments.
- Trained in Reservations and PBX/Hotel Operator positions.
- Ensures that the GSAs are completing front desk tasks and reports and that standard policies and procedures are being followed.
- Takes part in training GSAs and acts as a role model.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy, and revenue.
- Takes responsibility in the absence of a MOD.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must have customer service and cash handling experience.
- Computer and Microsoft skills.
- Cash handling experience.
- Must have strong communications skills and be able to multi-task along with interpersonal skills.
- Flexible hours.
- Prior front desk experience at a hotel.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Hotel front desk supervisors must be friendly and outgoing and possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to sit continuously to perform essential job functions throughout the entire shift. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods, throughout the day. Requires interacting with others, interpreting spoken messages, constant keyboarding, sitting, hearing and talking are required. The employee will occasionally stand and walk, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, being mobile on even surfaces, squeezing and crouching are also required. Requires infrequent lifting and carrying of 1-25 pounds.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position's activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
The Scottsdale Plaza Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Skills / Requirements
Candidates must be able to effectively communicate with guest as well as co-workers and other departments within the resort. Customer service skills are highly desired. Cash handling experience is also required. Candidates must also be able to work flexible hours depending on the different shifts.
Important Notes: Candidates must be able to stand for long periods of time. Uniforms are provided by the resort.
Job Status: Full Time