Group Reservations Coordinator
Reports To: Reservations Manager
Department: Reservations/Front Office
Classification: Full Time - Hourly
The Group Reservations Coordinator works with meeting planners for groups staying at the hotel to manage the booking of group rooms staying at the hotel. This is done by reviewing contracts, setting up the group blocks in the system, creating booking website links, managing rooming list cut off dates, and input of group rooming list. As a Reservations coordinator you work closely with The Reservations team and also act as an agent when necessary.
- Excellent communication skills through a variety of methods
- Processing specific group reservation requests, changes and cancellations received by phone, fax, e-mail, internally and through travel planners/corporations.
- Enter, modify and update group block information in system to ensure inventory, stay dates, billing, and booking procedure are reflected correctly.
- Maintain accurate filing system for groups and ensure that each group block is traced. Work with other Group Reservations Coordinator(s) to complete daily tasks as a team.
- Act as liaison of the property for Group Contacts
- Work well with other departments to coordinate and communicate special requests
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Minimum of one year working in a Reservation or Front Desk Supervisor capacity.
- Basic typing and computer skills in Microsoft Office and Windows.
- Knowledge of Visual 1 is preferred.
- Excellent communicator and be able to demonstrate high standards of hospitality and problem-solving.
- Extreme attention to detail, very organized, and understanding of time management.
These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to sit continuously to perform essential job functions throughout the entire shift. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods, throughout the day. Requires interacting with others, interpreting spoken messages, constant keyboarding, sitting, hearing and talking are required. The employee will occasionally stand and walk, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, being mobile on even surfaces, squeezing and crouching are also required. Requires infrequent lifting and carrying of 1-25 pounds.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position's activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
The Scottsdale Plaza Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time