Laundry Utility Person
Title: Utility Person
Reports To: Laundry Manager/Supervisor
Position Summary: To work as a member of the Laundry Department as a team to ensure consistent delivery to the hotel and other third party linen needs. Assist in sorting, moving, folding and transporting laundry to needed departments while working with a team to complete daily tasks.
- Sorting dirty and clean linen and folding clean towels.
- Ironing sheets, pillows cases and F&B linen.
- Maintaining a clean laundry facility, sweeping, moping and throwing trash.
- The loading and unloading washers and dryers.
- Push and pull utility carts.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Able to work with others.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs., stoop, bend over and climb ladders and able to stand long periods of time.
- Be able to work outside in extreme heat and cold.
- Lifting above shoulder and head as well as walking all day.
- Push and pull utility carts of approximately 75lbs. throughout the day.
- Must possess good people skills.
These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to sit continuously to perform essential job functions throughout the entire shift. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods, throughout the day. Requires interacting with others, interpreting spoken messages, constant keyboarding, sitting, hearing and talking are required. The employee will occasionally stand and walk, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, being mobile on even surfaces, squeezing and crouching are also required. Requires infrequent lifting and carrying of 1-25 pounds.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position's activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
The Scottsdale Plaza Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer