Reports To: Asst Chief Engineer
Position Summary: Work alongside our tenured Maintenance team to continually align our facilities to our guest’s satisfaction. Our longevity of our team is second to none. With 40+ acres, The Scottsdale Plaza Resort has been consistently improving our facilities to meet the needs and demands of our staff and customer. Schedule is Monday – Friday and act as the sole and primary painter of the property to ensure all rooms are up to date and meet our expectations. React to staff calls made to our office coordinator to complete necessary work while completing checklists for preventative primarily indoor and secondary outdoor painting duties. When needed, act as liaison on projects with the Chief Engineer to coordinate contract painters on specific projects. Get to know our family of staff on a daily basis while being empowered to work independently to fulfill your daily duties.
- Ensure the overall aesthetic as it relates to paint at the resort
- Respond to guest room calls for paint needs
- Complete daily activity checklists built by yourself and the office coordinator
- Complete daily list requirements with the assistance of the Maintenance team
- Assist guests and staff regarding hotel facilities in a helpful and informative way
- Visually inspect areas for painting needs and work with others to schedule appropriately.
- Follow all safety policies
- Assist engineers in additional job duties when needed
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Previous Painting experience required
- Previous work experience in a similar role preferred but required
- Equipment maintenance experience preferred
- Clean work habits
- Must adhere to resort dress code
- Able to work without direct supervision
- Valid Driver’s license for transportation in company vehicle
These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to sit continuously to perform essential job functions throughout the entire shift. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods, throughout the day. Requires interacting with others, interpreting spoken messages, hearing and talking are required. The employee will occasionally stand and walk, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, being mobile on even surfaces, squeezing and crouching are also required. Requires infrequent lifting and carrying of 1-50 pounds.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position's activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
The Scottsdale Plaza Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time