Pool Maintenance Technician
Title: Pool Technician
Reports To: Asst Chief Engineer
Position Summary: Oversee the daily operations and functions of the Resorts numerous pools and spas. Each pool and spa has specific needs to attend to meet our internal expectations along with Maricopa and ADA codes. Work directly with and alongside our tenured Maintenance team to align our pool amenities to our guest’s satisfaction. Our longevity of our Maintenance team is second to none. With 40+ acres, The Scottsdale Plaza Resort has been consistently improving our facilities to meet the needs and demands of our staff and customer. Several Fountain areas are also a part of the primary responsibility including some at our corporate offices located nearby the resort. Get to know our family of staff on a daily basis while being empowered to work independently to fulfill your daily duties.
- Clean each pool/spa/fountain and pool room as needed and report any needed repairs to the Maintenance Administrative Assistant
- Record keeping of daily pool and spa checks of chemicals and temperature readings
- Monitor pool equipment and perform preventative and reactionary services to pool, spa and fountain equipment
- Effective communication with Maintenance team Administrative Assistant for ordering and maintenance schedules
- Assist Maintenance technicians with other department related tasks/duties as needed
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Previous experience with commercial pool equipment preferred
- Equipment maintenance experience preferred
- Clean work habits
- Able to work without direct supervision
- Valid Driver’s license for transportation in company vehicle
These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to sit continuously to perform essential job functions throughout the entire shift. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods, throughout the day. Requires interacting with others, interpreting spoken messages, hearing and talking are required. The employee will occasionally stand and walk, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, being mobile on even surfaces, squeezing and crouching are also required. Requires infrequent lifting and carrying of 1-50 pounds.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position's activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
The Scottsdale Plaza Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time