Title: Reservations Agent
Reports To: Reservations Manager
Department: Reservations/Front Office
Classification: Full Time - Hourly
To maximize hotel revenue and occupancy by selling rooms availability/rates to incoming callers and to convert potential sales into reservation bookings while providing exceptional customer service. Provide primary assistance to the Reservations Manager and Group Rooms Coordinators with delegated tasks and work closely with other departments to help organize and align the hotel for success on a daily basis.
- Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
- Greet customers and determine what they want/need (dates, times, type of accommodations, etc.) over the phone.
- Thorough understanding of hotel rates and records reservation information accurately; identifies and records group and transient booking codes and special requests
- Follow specific tasks to complete daily checklists
- Perform and record and process deposit and billing information of reservations
- Complete filing of all reservations to facilitate easy referral (Management forms, GDS forms, and miscellaneous website forms)
- Obtain knowledge and understanding of daily occupancy and stay detail information of hotel guests.
- Prepare various daily, weekly and monthly reports and reviews quality of final product prior to distribution.
- Cross trains with the Front Desk and provides backup GSA support during peak check-in and check-out periods.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Minimum 1 year Front Desk, Guest Service or Sales experience
Experience with VisualOne, TravelClick, Excel and Word preferred
Ability to work a flexible work schedule including weekends
Ability to Multitask
Excellent Communication Skills
These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to sit continuously to perform essential job functions throughout the entire shift. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods, throughout the day. Requires interacting with others, interpreting spoken messages, constant keyboarding, sitting, hearing and talking are required. The employee will occasionally stand and walk, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, being mobile on even surfaces, squeezing and crouching are also required. Requires infrequent lifting and carrying of 1-25 pounds.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position's activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
The Scottsdale Plaza Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time