Title: Reservations Manager
Reports To: Director of Rooms
Department: Reservations/Front Office
Classification: Full Time - Salary
The Reservations Manager leads the Reservation staff in the handling and implementation of procedures within the hotel while reporting to the Director of Rooms. The Reservations Manager is required to supervise the Reservation and Group Reservation staff while allocating duties, train new employees, maintain work schedule, review customer reservations, arrival reports and the occupancy forecast. Work closely with other managers to achieve company goals.
- The management of all Reservations staff including Group Rooms Coordinators.
- Maintain complete understanding of programs and policies pertaining to hotel Reservations and act as a liaison to such vendors for the hotel.
- Communication with Revenue Analyst, VP of Sales, and VP of Operations as it pertains to reservations, rates, and inventory.
- Report and track all group and transient reservation activity on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Evaluate partnership with call center and online travel agencies.
- Assist Rooms Management in consistency and delivery of policy and culture.
- Manage service opportunities pertaining to reservations opportunities and assist Rooms Management in quality assurance.
- Training of all reservation procedures with communication to Front Office Manager.
- Take reservation calls when needed.
- Coordination of hotel programs and packages for qualified guests and offers.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 1 year Reservations experience.
- 1 -2 years of Supervisory or Management Experience.
- Experience with Maestro PMS, TravelClick, and Microsoft Office is preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including weekends.
- Ability to multitask along with excellent communication skills.
These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to sit continuously to perform essential job functions throughout the entire shift. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods, throughout the day. Requires interacting with others, interpreting spoken messages, constant keyboarding, sitting, hearing and talking are required. The employee will occasionally stand and walk, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, being mobile on even surfaces, squeezing and crouching are also required. Requires infrequent lifting and carrying of 1-25 pounds.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position's activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.The Scottsdale Plaza Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time