The Scottsdale Plaza Resort is now hiring for a Restaurant Supervisor!
Supervises and assists in the operation of directing and organizing the staff of JD’s, Café Cabana, Garden Court and In Room Dining to ensure exceptional service, food and beverage offerings, employee morale and guest satisfaction.
Reports to: Food & Beverage Manager and Food & Beverage Director
- Assist the F&B manager in Interviewing, selecting, training, supervising, counseling and disciplining outlet staff.
- Supervising the floor during meal periods to ensure that all SPR standards and levels of service are met.
- Ensuring the required checklists, requisitions and opening / closing functions are being completed each shift.
- Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary.
- Organize and conduct pre-shift and department meeting communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count, menu changes, specials and in house VIP’s.
- Communicate with guests and employees, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Ensure basic standard operating procedures for all outlets are followed and are in compliance with Federal, State, local and SPR’s own practices.
- Ensure that all steps of service as outlined in training materials are being followed on a daily basis.
- Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services.
- Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties. Answer telephone calls in a clear professional voice. Maintain rapport with all departments and attend relevant meetings.
- Move throughout the facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met. Verify temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products to meet SPR standards.
- Learn and utilize Resort Point of Sale system.
- Become proficient in the Resort Point of Sale system to manage administrative duties including pricing, display and configurations.
- Ensure that all staff cash handling procedures are met.
- Maintain cleanliness of all outlets on a daily basis.
- Solicit feedback from guests concerning the service and food and beverage offering in all outlets
- Perform monthly beverage inventory.
- Ensure all daily and monthly reports are detailed and submitted in a timely matter.
- Assist in planning and set-up of special events in all outlets.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Ensure maintenance of equipment by calling for repairs and training staff on proper use. Using proper standard operating procedures to report and fix these issues.
- Support the entire Food & Beverage operation including supervising other areas if necessary, handling special projects, running promotions, public relations and marketing.
- Attend mandatory meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Utilize software programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Food and Beverage Manager and Director
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work various schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of Food and Beverage outlet operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques and guest interaction.
- Ability to walk, stand and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to move up to 100 lbs., with wheeled assistance.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and to lift objects overhead. The transporting, moving, lifting, and/or stacking of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ability to accomplish necessary job tasks on a computer.
- Meet government regulations dealing with the sale of alcoholic beverages.
- Meet governmental health requirements.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for the staff and other hotel employees.
- Knowledge of food and beverage operations and products, basic drink service and supervisory knowledge.
- Require standing and walking 95% of workday.
- Physical activities include, but are not limited to, walking, standing, talking, stooping, hearing, seeing, bending, reaching, feeling, touching, writing, handling, stretching, balancing, pushing and pulling. Considerable repetitive motion of hands, wrists, shoulders and back is required.
Must be local candidate to be considered.
Job Status: Full Time