Room Service Server
Title: Room Service Server
Reports To: Food & Beverage Manager
Department: Room Service
Classification: Full-Time Server
Position Summary: Come join an independently owned and operated Resort in Scottsdale/Paradise Valley and be part of our growing food and beverage team. The Resort has 404 guest rooms spread out over 40 acres. The Room Service Server is responsible for answering in-room dining calls, entering the order into the point of sale system, ensuring orders are delivered as requested and providing exceptional service to our guests. With an expanding Food & Beverage department, this is an excellent opportunity to be part of an independent Resort and join our team.
- Responsible for each guest check and coordination of tables/trays pick-ups
- Responsible for set-up, delivery and presentation of VIP and other guest amenity
- Responsible for ensuring that Room Service orders are promptly and accurately delivered
- Room Service servers are also responsible for servicing all four pools on property
- Responsible for cleanliness, refilling water containers and other duties as requested
- Assisting in expediting food from the kitchen is also expected when volumes permits
- Must follow proper departmental procedures for room service orders and shift side-work
- Must be self-motivated and willing to assist wherever needed.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Physical requirements include the ability to work long hours, Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, ability to multi task.
- Possess the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body and arms
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Must possess excellent communication skills; fluency in English required
- Food Handlers Card Required.
- These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations
- While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to sit continuously to perform essential job functions throughout the entire shift
- May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods, throughout the day
- Requires interacting with others, interpreting spoken messages, constant keyboarding, sitting, hearing and talking are required
- The employee will occasionally stand and walk, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, being mobile on even surfaces, squeezing and crouching are also required
- Requires infrequent lifting and carrying of 1-25 pounds
- Willingness to work in various elements of weather including, but not limited to, extreme heat and rain.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position's activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
The Scottsdale Plaza Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time