Title: Outlet Server Assistant
Reports To: Food & Beverage Manager
Department: Food & Beverage Outlets
Classification: Server Assistant (FT or PT all outlets)
Position Summary: As a Server Assistant, you would be responsible for setting and clearing dining tables and stocking service stations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Set and prepare tables for dining, including, but not limited to, folding napkins, cleaning and placing
tableware, serving water, etc.
- Ensure tableware is in good and working condition and report any defects for repair
- Stock, maintain and clean designated food station(s)
- Assist food server(s) with table service, including, but not limited to, serving beverages, food,
- Retrieve and transport dirty tableware to dishwashing area
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
Minimum Job Requirements:
Physical requirements include
- Able to walk and stand for extended amounts of time.
- Weekend and holiday availability required.
- Workload- Medium: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, ability to multi task.
- Possess the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body and arms, work under variable temperatures and noise levels
- Ability to stand for long periods of time without sitting or leaning
- Must possess excellent communication skills; fluency in English required
- Food Handlers Card and Title 4 Liquor Certification Required.
- These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations
- While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to sit continuously to perform essential job functions throughout the entire shift
- May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods, throughout the day
- Requires interacting with others, interpreting spoken messages, constant keyboarding, sitting, hearing and talking are required
- The employee will occasionally stand and walk, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, being mobile on even surfaces, squeezing and crouching are also required
- Requires infrequent lifting and carrying of 1-25 pounds
- Requires willingness to work in various elements of weather including but not limited to, severe heat and rain.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position's activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
The Scottsdale Plaza Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time